I had an interesting conversation today about Groups on LinkedIn and it seems there is no way to guage which will be the ‘right’ ones for you to join. So I thought I’d put together a few pointers to the sort of things I look for when I’m joining a group – it may just help you make a decision too!
- Is it a subject that’s close to my interests and areas of expertise or one where I feel I might make a difference in some way
- Is it active – in other words are people using it
- How many members does it have – this will be closely allied to number 1 above so high numbers are not necessarily important
- Can I join it? This isn’t as silly as it sounds because some groups are locked if you don’t meet certain criteria
- Does the geographic location of members matter?