The Pocket Guide to Hysterectomy is available in the following formats:
It is exactly what it says it is, a guide to hysterectomy, the menopause and hormone replacement therapy and is perfect for any woman who is considering a hysterectomy.
- What a hysterectomy is and how it is done
- The gynaecological conditions that might lead to this type of surgery
- How a hysterectomy may affect you
- The various alternatives to hysterectomy that are available
- Recovery after a hysterectomy
- The risks associated with hysterectomy
- The menopause and its symptoms
- Our hormones and how they affect us
- Long term conditions associated with the menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy and the types available
- The side effects of hormone replacement therapy
- The main risks associated with hormone replacement therapy
- Alternatives to hormone replacement therapy
- Complete list of words and what they mean
- Lists of support organisations and other resources.
If there is anything you need to know about having a hysterectomy, this book is definitely the starting point.