A ground breaking event for East Midlands patients across a wide range of health issues, including women with gynaecological health issues, is being set up for anyone who wants to make a difference in their local health and care services.
The knowledge and views of patients, carers and service users are an invaluable resource for health and care services. The NHS five year forward view talks about harnessing the ‘renewable energy represented by patient and communities’ and the ‘need to engage with communities and citizens in new ways, involving them directly about decisions about the future of health and care services.’
You may be actively involved or thinking about getting involved in defining local health services; either way, as long as you are based in the East Midlands you are welcome to come along. It’s free to attend for patients who live in the East Midlands and travel costs will be reimbursed.
- Be inspired and motivated – sharing and learning about the impacts of involvement
- Learn about the importance of getting involved and how
- Discover the challenges and opportunities for effective involvement in health and care
- Share your views about future events
This event will be followed by more PPI (Patient Public Involvement) Networking Roadshows across the East Midlands.
How to take part
Registration is essential and you can do so on Event Bright: eventbrite.com/e/east-midlands-patient-carer-public-networking-event-tickets
Date and Location
- Date: Saturday 14 January 2017 from 10.30am – 1.30pm followed by a networking lunch. Registration from 10am.
- Venue: Burleigh Court Hotel, Loughborough University, Ashby Road Entrance (A512), Loughborough, LE11 3TD
This event is supported by the East Midlands Leadership Academy & East Midlands Academic Health Science Network.