Please ensure you are familiar with the rules outlined below, entry into the competition will be taken as acceptance of these rules.
- The competition closes at 11.59pm on 31st August 2017. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
- The competition is open to female writers of any nationality writing in English.
- No submissions of erotica or horror will be accepted. Such entries will be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- All entries must be submitted via our online form with the order number as the file name.
- All entries must be saved with the order number generated by our online shop as the file name in one of the following formats: doc, docx, rtf, txt. Files submitted in any other format or without the order number as their file number will be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- All entries must comprise the title and story only.
- You can enter as many times as you wish. One submission per entry fee.
- Please do not put your name and address anywhere on your entry. All judging is done anonymously. Any entries with names on them will be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- Entries cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
- All entries must be available for publication in the anthology.
- All entries must be previously unpublished.
- No correspondence will be entered into once you have submitted your work. Please ensure you keep your payment and order entry confirmations for your records.
- Entries will not be returned under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the rules.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the short story and poetry competition.
- We will act in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in relation to your personal data. All personal data entered on our website is secure.
- The competition judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into. We reserve the right to amend the rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond our control. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the the Hysterectomy Association website.
- The Hysterectomy Association reserves the right not to award the first prize and to cancel the publication of the anthology, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the entries are not up to the required standard for publication. In the very unlikely event of the competition being cancelled, entry fees will be refunded.
- We reserve the right to edit (working with the author) the winning entries of both the short story and poetry competitions.
- Copyright for all short story, flash fiction and poetry competition winners remains with the authors and poets, but all entrants are deemed to grant The Hysterectomy Association non-exclusive worldwide license over their entries for publicity purposes thereafter. Selected pieces may appear in electronic format on The Hysterectomy Association websites, or in other electronic forms. Authors will be notified when such action is taken.
- Submission of your entry into the short story, flash fiction or poetry competition is taken to be an unqualified acceptance of all these Rules.
More Information Links